Ease your mind this holiday season
I know a lot of you are worried about the upcoming holidays & I wanted to post a few pointers to help ease your mind. You will get through this season, I promise & you'll indulge a little. That’s OK!! But let's think of somethings we can do to help offset the stress and worries!
“Do not let anybody make you feel guilty or wrong for making your health a priority”
1. Continue working out/moving. If you can continue with most of your healthy habits, you'll be in a better mindset to get through the season. Get your workouts in. If you're out of town or traveling, go for a run. Visit a local gym. At home/hotel workouts. Just get that heart rate up and stay in that healthy frame of mind.
2. Plan for the day. Lots of lean protein and veggies in the AM if you know you're going to have a big dinner. Try to stay low-fat in the AM if you're going out to brunch. If you're not able to track exactly, guesstimate what you're eating. And if you're not tracking that day, at least stay mindful and try to make choices that align with your goals.
3. Hydrate. Water upon waking. Water throughout the day. Water before a big meal. Water in between cocktails. Lots of water.
4. Make mindful choices- fill your plate with greens on the first go-round. Offer to bring veggies or healthier dessert option. Start with the lean meats and salads. Ask for dressings and sauces on the side. Skip dessert or share. A bite or 2 will usually do.
5. Get rid of the ALL or NOTHING mindset- You don't have to have all the desserts. You don't have to have all the sides. There probably isn't anything available this time of year that you can't make any other day. Just because a cookie or candy is in front of you, that doesn't mean you have to eat it. Balance and moderation is 100% key this time of year.
6. You own your body. You have the right to just say NO. Do not let anybody make you feel guilty or wrong for making your health a priority! This is your journey, not theirs. NO. NO THANK YOU. NAH BRUH are all acceptable!! And if you need a reason, blame your hard-ass coach who you’re paying to keep you healthy!!
7. Memories over macros- If there is some family recipe that your Momma only makes on Christmas Day, enjoy the shit outta it. No regrets. No guilt. You will not gain 10 pounds or lose muscle due to one day of Moms fudge. If it's really worth it to you, eat and enjoy. Then get your butt back on track the next day.
I hope you all have an amazing holiday!!!
2019 is going to be AMAZING!!